CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is Spring really around the corner?

This morning I awoke to a beautiful 35 degrees! That may not sound very warm to my many friends and family in warmer climates, but to this homesick Kauai girl, 35 degrees felt like heaven! I even went outside for a few seconds without a jacket! Praise Jesus! Spring is on it's way!

I definitly don't have a green thumb, nor would I call myself a "gardener." I am however, a novice gardener at best, but I have to admit that I am getting really excited to start planting my vegetable garden, and a few new flowers (roses!!!). I hope to expand my vegetable garden and add:

1) tomatoes
2) green and red bell peppers
3) onions
4) lettuce
5) broccoli

My zucchini's didn't grow last year, so I will have to try my hand at that one again! My 4 year old is excited to plant strawberries and carrots again too.

Spring is definitly right around the corner. I can smell it :) I can't wait to throw open the windows and let the fresh air in. To spend most of the cool days outdoors... and to start planning for my outdoor dinner parties. I am getting giddy just thinking about it!

Here is an example of a rose bush that I'd love to grow!! Isn't it gorgeous!!??

This is The Alnwick Rose, Hedging
Here are Lady Emma Hamilton Roses:

They are both English roses bred by David Austin. Pictures taken from davidaustinroses.com

2 comments:

vanessa

love it! i want to fix up my yard too, but i will have to wait until i have less of a belly. love u

Pam

haha... yeah you might want to wait on that! Miss you!

Post a Comment