CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Swimmer In Me

Today I went to the pool to swim some laps. This is my 6th time "training" for the swim portion of the triathalon that I plan on doing this summer. Besides these 6 practice times, I haven't swam laps for about 7 years or so. Before that I was on my highschool swim team. I am hoping previous experience will help me a little with this race! Today I timed myself during my 600 yard swim. At a moderate speed, I swam it in 11 minutes and about 30 seconds. I think that perhaps I could have done it faster if not for my multiple stops to adjust my crappy swim suit (note to self: buy another swim suit!!! Preferable NOT a crappy one!)

This past weekend, I met up with my friend Sarah to do some interval training at the pool. We decided to sprint 25 yards every 45 seconds. We also staggered ourselves, to where Sarah started 5 seconds ahead of me so that we weren't neccesarily "racing" eachother, but doing it at our own speed.  At first it wasn't bad, but after a few of those, we were both huffing and puffing! Whew! Great workout though!

I have adjusted my schedule so that I will be swimming twice a week. Once for endurance training, and the other for speed. I also need to start lifting weights to build some muscle! I feel like I am slowly getting back into pre-baby shape, and it feels good!

1 comments:

vanessa

good job! wow... im inspired by you sis! good job! love you

Post a Comment