CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Just Kept Chugging Along...

Slow and steady doesn't necessarily win  the race, but it does get you to the finish line! In my case, there wasn't a race and  there wasn't a finish line... instead, it was an 8 mile jog on a beautiful Sunday morning. This is the most I have run without stopping, and I felt so great at the end of it. Yes my legs hurt and yes my toes were numb, but it felt amazing to finish.

I didn't bring water with me (DUMB!) but stopped at home for one quick drink (all while jogging in place because I did not want to stop). I think I got dehydrated because a couple of hours later, I felt horrible! After church I took a nap, and was basically worthless for the rest of the day. I was exhausted.

Thankfully my "long" run for the week is only going to be 4 miles. That will definitly feel like a break to me! I am getting closer to the Half Marathon in September. I am getting excited, because now I feel like I will be able to actually finish it!

Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment