CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rain, rain, don't go away!

This afternoon, I decided to take the boys out to the backyard where I could run around my little yard of rocks, and grass and keep and eye on the kids at the same time. I got a decent "run" in and then over my music, I heard thunder. The skies were gray, and the air, chilly. Before we knew it, rain started pouring from the sky, and the world looked different.

Something magical happens when it rains and a delicious smell begins to swirl around in the air. Growing up in a very wet and humid climate, I really start to miss the moist air that we rarely get where we live now. Rain makes me feel at home. All of a sudden, the pizza baking in the oven smells even better. My socks feel cozier. And being at home just feels so... happy.

Rain, rain, DON'T go away.

I want to buy some rain boots and splash in the puddles now. I think that will be next on my "to do" list.

2 comments:

vanessa

rainy days are sooo fun!! i love feeling like a snuggle bug, on the couch with cocoa & a movie. love you

Pam

Yes I love the rain!!! You get it much more often than we do. It never rains here! Blah!

Post a Comment